Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Op day for TLIF two level lumbar fusion, laminectomy and cyst

Hi ... At last the day is here and I am grateful that the long wait is over ... Just fear of the as yet unknown pain factor. Imagine the morphine pump will be my friend but worry about crashing in the transmission to oral meds. Yesterday I added insult to injury with having 30ml fluid aspirated from my right knee which is ripe for knee replacement ... In the future. Thanks for all the knowledge and support on Spine-health. Updates to follow once I can focus and any advice and encouragement would be gratefully received!

• As soon as you're able. Good luck!
    Synovial cyst removal in 2008. L4-L5 facet joint.
    Lumbar fusion at L4-L5 in December 2013. TLIF posterior entry
  • Well, Friday, London time 3pm down to the OR. In the recovery room severe chattering teeth ... Didn't need my hearing aids to hear that .. And then the pain .... Not a recreational experience! Morphine pump every five minutes is my new best friend but today is third day since op and that comes down and we now have to hunt for a good oral combination. Been up and walking to the bathroom and like my physio who sees me twice daily. The worst part is TRYING TO MOVE! The bruising pain is probably the worst bit and the pain and bruising is the bit I could not have imagined. I am beginning to understand why recovery is a long term journey. If I can get the bruised feeling and muscle tightness down it would all improve. I keep telling myself that once you are where you want to be and that each act of moving takes a short time, I am able to take it. This is not a horror story post .. just the bit I read about but could not really understand before. I am actually doing well and the surgery was without incident, the staff are all lovely and the hospital is only five minutes from home .. It could be much worse. How anybody goes through this alone I cannot imagine .. Lovely staff and a loving family close enough to pop in and out is wonderful and I just have to realise the pain is recovery pain and not the chronic and miserable pain I had which was never going away without surgery. Hard not to have the odd weep ... Such a shock to your body .. All encouragement would be gratefully received !
  • It is quite a shock to the system. I hope they get your meds figured out and your recovery takes off at full speed. Good luck!
    Synovial cyst removal in 2008. L4-L5 facet joint.
    Lumbar fusion at L4-L5 in December 2013. TLIF posterior entry
  • markhopwood857markhopwood857 Posts: 1
    edited 03/05/2014 - 12:51 AM
    Get well soon...

Link removed, solicitation not permitted.Please read the Forum rules
    Post Edited by Liz The Spine-Health Moderator Team
This discussion has been closed.