Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve blocks - how long do/should they last?

After having a microdiscectomy in sept/13 my recent CT shows that the left side of the disk looks great (this was where the herniation and full nerve root compression was). However, the right side is now showing 'persistent disk matter' and a 'mild impingement on the S1 nerve root'. My GP has sent me for nerve blocks at L5/S1 (location of all the trouble) and there was considerable improvement in pain and range of motion. I am now 9 days out and the pain and lack of motion is starting to come back already. I am wondering how long these nerve blocks tend to last overall? And can a person have them as often as every week or two? This is the only thing that even remotely helps with the pain as we haven't found a med yet that even touches it. :( I am being sent back to the surgeon, but that may take some time. Thanks for your input. :)

• I have had several of these. Two failed to provide any relief. One lasted nearly 1 month, several others helped for a few weeks.

It is different for different conditions/people. I hope you have good luck with these. The longest lasting relief for me came before my surgery, I hope this holds true for you. :)
    27 Year Old, suffering with several spinal conditions since 2007...

Spondylolisthesis grade 4, PLIF 2007 corrected to grade 2,
    Nerve Damage and all of the fun that comes along with it.