Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Burning and pain in abdomen at scar area

I had anterior/posterior surgery on spine in October, now I have recently been experiencing severe pain and burning in abdominal area to left of belly button beside scar. Nothing relieves it, and it hurts more when I bend even slightly, anyone have this or know what it is, I am afraid there may be some cut or maybe they left something out of place when it was put back in
Maureen madden

• SteveTSSteveT Posts: 178
    edited 02/22/2014 - 1:33 AM
    Are you able to feel a knot where the internal sutures were tied off? I'm skinny and had similar issues in December and my vascular surgeon ended up going in and removing the knot. Normally they like to bury the sutures under a layer of fat, but since I don't have any, scar tissue formed around the knot making it larger and I had pain, bruising, and an infection from the knot constantly rubbing against the skin.
    10/28/13 - ALIF, PSF, decompression at L4/L5 and L5/S1
  • Hi, I had a similar problem last August, it was 4 months after anterior surgery too. It was around the time that I had started to do hydro therapy and removing my brace for the first time. I had severe pain and spent 5 days in hospital while they investigated the problem.
    It turned out to be a rectus sheath nerve impingement which is common in people who have abdominal surgery. I had steroid injections directly into the area which helped amazingly. This procedure was repeated 2 weeks ago as it hadn't completely gone and I can sneeze now without pain.
    I hope you find out what is causing your problem and get some relief soon. I also found heat packs helped.
    DDD. Married,Mum of 2, Age 45: 2007 & 2008 L5/S1 Discectomy
    April 2013 L5/S1 Anterior Fusion
    & L4/L5 Artificial Disc Replacement