Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Medical Records

Hope3HHope3 Posts: 752
edited 02/22/2014 - 4:22 PM in Maintenance
I was wondering how many of you review your medical records?
I get a copy of mine every so often to review sometimes they charge you
of course. Found out doing this that what you say, what Doctor's write down
or what happens can often be different. I don't mean that in a negative
way but it can effect things down the line believe me. I have ran into
you want records that are correct and also items not left off.
Example: A Doctor gave me a the test to see which disk was the problem
and during the process twice I used language and screamed out in pain.
He hit the spots that were hot. He give me injections that did zero and told
me to live with it. That was several years ago but when I got the records
guess what he wrote on the chart. Patient experienced a type of Charlie
Horse. What are you kidding I know the difference and right there and then
I decided I would get my records every now and then to review and make
sure the things were right.

post edited here, inappropriate words that were trying to
send a message
Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Administrator 02/22/14

Just a suggestion.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    to think, what you felt the situation was all about is not what the other person observed.

So many times one will think and feel they did this or that , demonstrated this or that and said the same. But in reality, that is not what they communicated.

And this goes far beyond a doctor/patient relationship. Its just pure human nature

People always seem to want to blame the doctors, the medical field, they are the ones that are so wrong.

I dont know about that
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I always get copies of EVERYTHING from diagnostics to dictations etc. I do this for several reasons. I like my NS but I was a little displeased with my 2 week f/u dictation which did not mention that I was having continued nerve pain in my left buttocks/leg. The nerve pain improved in my hip and that was mentioned. The only thing that was said is that I do feel a little more discomfort when I'm on my feet. Generally I do not have issues, but I do think that was important information to leave out.
    Progressive DDD
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
    Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
    Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014
  • Ron
    If you read my message I was not blaming the Doctor I stated it can work both
    ways. Gee I think I need to go back to communication school.
    There is a lot covered in a relationship with Doctors and those records
    need to be clear stating what you both discussed.