Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone had to deal with "Retrolisthesis"?

I got my latest CT report and now it mentions "a 2 mm retrolisthesis and a mild disc protrusion producing moderate foraminal stenosis with displacement with displacement of the right L-3 nerve root" This is all since my last surgery in mid December.

Has anyone else had this particular problem? I'm just wondering what your symptoms were and what did you have to have done for the problem and basically what it is.

ALIF April 2011 but it turns out I broke before it barely fused.
L4-L5 posterior fusion December 2013

• I was diagnosed with anterolisthesis which means one vertebrae is slipping forward over another. Retrolisthesis is a backward movement. So, I think it means you have a vertebrae slipping BACKWARDS over another. What was your previous surgery for?
    Synovial cyst removal in 2008. L4-L5 facet joint.
    Lumbar fusion at L4-L5 in December 2013. TLIF posterior entry
  • I have that too. I don't think it had contribution to my pain.
    Herniated discs & DDD at L4-L5 and L5-S1; ALIF L4-L5 & L5-S1 on 1/10/2014;
  • I thought that I had added my medical info but I guess not. I got in the right place now

• of the vertebra- retro means to the back/posterior...2 mm is a tiny movement. If you look at a ruler, and look at the mm measurements, it will show you how much 2 mm is.
    When do you see the surgeon to get his interpretation of the CT scan? He would be in the best positon to tell you, what if anything he has in mind as far as treatment goes.
  • So I went to see the neurosurgeon again. He looked at the CT report and then started looking at the MRI images from November? I told him that the report was from the CT last week and he said he knew but the MRI shows the nerves and such better and he doesn't see any displaced nerves then he looked at the CT and couldn't see anything wrong and all the hardware it in the right place and those vertebrae aren't going anywhere. He's totally stumped however, he gave the go ahead for anything the pain center wants to do. I don't know what the heck to think or do now. I give up
  • I had X-ray's last year that showed retrolisthesis at L4, one level above my fusion at L5S1. My ortho has X-rays taken upright and flexed. It was the flexed film that showed the movement, it was clearly evident and definitely more than 2mm. Apparently though it does not stay in that position, but moves as I move. I am having nerve root compression issues and I'm waiting for results of additional testing to determine what can be done.
    Pat Gibson
    L5S1 ALIF 2-22-11
    Now L4 Retrolisthisis