Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had first surgery at 14 second at 16 frustrated don't know what to do..

I've had 2 back surgeries, an axial lift fusion on my l5 s1 for my disc rupturing & a hardware removal because two screws were swelling my muscles and they were only needed to help healing process after first surgery. I had my first surgery at 14yrs old and my second at 16yrs old. I'm now 18, I have my good days and bad. When I get my bad days it takes over me. I can't budge to move, and it puts me in a bad mood because I'm frustrated but who wouldn't be right? Especially because it happened to me so young and we don't know why. I need a pain medicine that will keep my pain at least moderate because due to my work I am in a lot of pain during and after. Something just to control it. I don't necessarily want a narcotic because I have been on those for so long. Right now I am on Lodine for an anti inflammatory and soma at night for muscle spasm I always seem to have. I also use a tens unit when I need to, a heating pad rotating after 30 min & ice pack. Massages daily, I am in shape for my well being. I'm just overly frustrated at this point and don't know what to do.
Brianna ronquillo

• What did the doc say.. so you had all this surgery and what is next? Can you rehabilitate? more surgery? are you seeking treatment? I know what pain is my father is.. lets just say he is lucky to be alive; 2 horrid car crashes at 27, body cast, missing fingers, one leg shorter than the other type of guy. than there is me.. Sergeant Cluttsville who has managed to break and bruise everything - Microdiscectomy, broken wrist, broken nose, 2 hernias, ohhh I got chicken pox at 29! I bet you can not ever top that. Like who gets the pox as an adult>?!?! lol. So I am just curious what you are doing to fix this.. You are 18? You are otherwise healthy?
    Struggle is the only way to success. If it was easy everyone would have it.