Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lumbar spondylosis with lumbar facet arthropathy

sapphire4u68ssapphire4u68 Posts: 4
edited 03/05/2014 - 5:21 PM in Chronic Pain
I had the following procedure on Jan 10th 2014 Posterior spinal fixation and posterior lateral decortication and fusion at the L4-L5 and S-1 with a structural allograft placement, all under assistance with spinal fluoroscope. My question is this it was ALL done by my pain management physician who is also a anesthesiologist . It has not turned out well as I am having more pain then before surgery and it was done with 2 small incisions on my back. one on left about an inch long and one on right is inch and a half long. He told me during surgery he ran into an anomaly (his words) which was my facet joint on the right side had grown so long it was actually into my hip joint. My concern is he able (legally) to do this surgery with just those credentials and why did he not see that anomaly before hand? ( had several MRI's before surgery) I am hoping someone out there can answer my questions about this surgery( had personal experience with it) and the questions about what kind of credentials are needed for this type of surgery. I have had 2 follow up appointments since surgery and both times I have not seen the surgeon himself but his physician's assistant. I find that odd that he would not be the one following up. I HAVE NEVER HAD THAT EXPERIENCE WITH PAST SURGEONS. They always followed up since they r the ones who did the surgery.... What does anyone else think of this???? Thanks for ANY feedback!!!! Can this described surgery described above even perform this surgery or is it beyond scope of practice? Pain it is not better it is now so much worse!