Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

"Frozen" spine

I'm about 4 months post-op on a L4/L5 micro disc.

Today my PT said that I have no movement in my entire thoracic spine, and that's probably the cause of my ongoing back pain. I've heard this before from other doctors, but it's usually just a side note as they focus on my lumbar spine (even though my upper back hurts constantly).
My PT gave me a stretch to try to loosen things back up. And said if that doesn't help chiropractic might.
I'm definitely leery about chiropractic, for one thing, it hurts. But also, it just seems like a bad idea with all the nerves in there.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Compressed Discs/DDD - L2/L3, L3/L4
Major Herniation - L4/L5
Bulging Disc - L5/S1
"no healthy 24 year old's back should look like this without a major trauma"
MicroDisc L4/L5 Nov 7, 2013

• Tired of the painTTired of the pain Posts: 197
    edited 02/28/2014 - 2:12 PM
    I used a chiropractor all my life until 3 years ago when they couldn't help me with my multiple herniated disks in my neck. At 55 I finally did what I never thought I would do, surgery. The35 years I used a chiro for sciatica, low back pain thoracic pain and cervical pain. I absolutely swore by the improvement from chiropractic. I also went when I had colds and flu because I am very allergic to many antibiotics. I no longer go since my surgery but am considering it for my sciatica and thoracic. They don't have to do full motion chiro, they have new methods that are not so drastic.