Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

recently I have some blood test done and it came back that I am B12 deficient .the symptoms of this for me were very tired .so much so i was unable to even stand without shaky legs and just felt more awful than normal .and I nerve pan was unbearable .my doctor has started me on 6 shots of B12 and after just one I am feeling better .my level went from a dangerous 105 to 600 after the shots [a safe level being around 300 upwards in the uk .so I am just on one ever other day the one shot every 3 months for life ...I am happy about this because I have so ill I have not been able to do anything do to super tiredness .I have my bladder operation in a few weeks [26 march] and I will be incapacitated for at least 2 months .also I have no internet and I am using my phone tethered to my laptop to post this .there was a car crash near my home and the car took out the main post office telecom box ..so many houses are without internet also my laptop has been infected with a trogen virus .! .its been a hard few weeks my 18 year old daughter had just had an 8 cm breast lump removed thankfully it was benign but having no way of communicating with her ..as she lives in jersey over 600 miles away over sea has been stressful .thankfully she is on the right side of things and I will see her in two weeks .back to my original post ..anyone with intractable nerve pain and especially of you are a vegetarian ..may think about having their B12 levels checked .with regards to my continued lower back pain 2 years after the ALIF I am still waiting for the results of the MRI scan done early this year ..as I am going in to hospital I will now have to wait for 3 months to get my ;;URGENT ;; results! ..that's life
1997 laminectomy
2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014

• Hope I spelled that right. I am almost 5 months out of surgery, had L3,L4, and L5 laminectomies, L4 L5 posterdlateral fusion , not sure the second is spelled right., but reading drs writing. Has surgery on Wednesday, was supposed to go home on Thursday, but had to have two pints of blood so I didn't go home until Friday. When I woke up, had no pain at all, and got up to walk the very next morning, but of course I was given pain pills, so had no pain. My problem now is my feet and ankles, they swell and are numb a lot of the time, but not numb enough that I cannot work or drive, but I hate this cold feeling and sometimes they are hot. Dr has me on B-12 by mouth , 1000 units, and a lot of D3, he thought this would fix this numbness or whatever it is, but it has not right now its not too bad. I have no trouble sleeping, but when I wake up, my feet are driving me crazy, does this end with more time down the road, Dr says I am way ahead of the curve with healing , fusion and such, and my next apt is in june, where he will dismiss me,,,when does this feet problem end, no pain anywhere except when I get tired, back hurts a little, but goes away when I rest, anyone else having this problem , I just hope he does not give me anymore vitamins, I take enough already, maybe I need the B 12 in shots
    Sheila Coughtry