Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Old new member

I'm an old member with new problems. Ha! It's not funny but I'm trying to make light of it. My old username was Justin66. I had trouble logging in and tried to get a new password but the password would never make it to my email, so her I am with my new username.

I had a discectomy on L4/5 in Aug. 09. I had some trouble for a year and a half afterwards but I got better and was good up until Dec. last year. I started having sciatica down my left leg. For the most part the pain has went all the way down my leg, heel, to my second toe. I have looked at the dermatome charts and it looks like the L5/S1 area. I had an MRI which showed a slight bulge at L5/S1.

I went to a Spine Clinic today and the Dr. which really rushed through my office visit. It was pretty obvious he hadn't looked at any of the information I had filled out on my previous surgery and possibly not really even looked at the MRI images I brought with me.

I was telling him about past issues before and after surgery and he asked what surgery did you have? I had listed that in my information so he didn't read that obviously. I asked if he thought my issues could be coming from the L5/S1 area and he insisted it was L4/5 level. To me if he looked at the MRI and he didn't know I had surgery? The disc has obviously been worked on but yet he didn't act like he knew I already had surgery? I just don't think he looked at the MRI at all. My paper work that the radiologist gave their opinion on the MRI was in my information. I think he read this and didn't look at the MRI.

My whole visit with him took ten minutes. I was trying to ask questions and he was trying to get out the door. He said my choices were injections or fusion. I'm just not comfortable deciding on a fusion with someone who didn't seem like they took the time to find the root cause of my problem. Maybe he did look at everything and he's just that good. I don't know.

Anyway now you know some of my background. I look forward to feeling better with all of you!