Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic low back pain/right leg nerve damage/fibromyalgia

ods88oods88 Posts: 1
edited 03/04/2014 - 10:32 PM in Chronic Pain
Hi! I'm new & happy to have found a support group! I had my first back surgery at 20 (I'm 26 now)
& woke up screaming from the pain! My dr. had nicked a nerve & caused nerve damage in my right
leg. I had to lay flat for 3 days. 2 weeks after my surgery my mom noticed that my incision was opening up
& it turned out to be staph, I was in the hospital for 7 days & every day they had to clean the area with a wet
vac & pack it & was on very strong meds. At the time we asked if I was being treated for staph & they said no
& not to worry, it want until that I got my charts printed & it said that I had been treated for staph infection. This
is where my chronic pain began. After 2 years of trying to find a new dr. I finally did! He said I needed a fusion
& that this would be a corrective surgery. My L5 was fused. I only had a 60% chance of it working so I took it
& regret it everyday!! I've now been in pain management for 4 years & am on strong meds that only help me get
through the day. I've had 3 epidural injections & they only caused more pain & never ever helped (I wasn't surprised).
I had an MRI 2 years ago & was told that I had a lot of scar tissue wrapped around my spine. During all of this I was
diagnosed w/fibromyalgia (which only adds to my chronic pain). I also never sleep! This has sent me into a deep & dark depression where everyday I've prayed to not wake up. My pm dr. told me to accept it & learn to deal with it b/c it's
not going to get better. I can't seem to move on. I feel cheated out of a normal life. I wanted to get married & have children
but I don't think that will ever happen, I would never want to put a husband or child through this! Chronic pain is very

Post edited for religious content which violates forum rules
Post Edited by Liz The Spine-Health Moderator Team