Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery for Gall Bladder Pain after Surgery

I am being treated at a Pain Clinic I have become tolerant of meds taking them for along time.
So the Doc. cut them back a lot and now the control is not there I am not able to do much of
anything it just causes the pain to escalate. The journey to get to a point where I am able
to lower my pain meds to a point that they will help again I will celebrate.
The problem right now is I just saw a surgeon after having an ultra sound where they found gallstones.
The surgeon could not believe how bloated my stomach was and asked how much pain, when it started
and where I was having it. Explained to him for over 2 years and finally a my GP suggested
a further look. The think is he said because of the pain level and the shape and hardness of my
stomach he is concerned something else may be going on. So now he wants me to get a CT
scan and he told me if you decide to have the surgery to remove your gallbladder I only prescribe
the minimal amount of pain meds and you are currently on 30mil oxytocin every 8 hrs. We will
not be able to control your pain and you will have a lot of it after surgery. He asked what my Pain
Doc. has said about the stomach. I told him my GP had not put stomach on the referral so they
did not want to discuss it. He said he would call my PC Doc. to discuss but wanted me to know
that it would be very unpleasant.
In fact he asked a ton of questions about what I had felt from the injections and said sometimes
you can have issues with your stomach after. The only problem is I had bloating for 2 years before the
injections and it took 3 doctors to finally do a ultrasound.
Hey there you go another kind, caring Doctor who won't prescribe anything more than minimal meds
and that you will suffer. really is that what we deserve to be left in horrible pain cause for reasons
a lot of us get. God forbid if there is a small % of us whoever have usage issues they will make
some of us suffer. Heh I am so fed up at this point you can write messages and tell me I am crazy
go for it. But I know for a fact that this is wrong no one can justify that to me
My insurance as a deal where you can have an actual doctor come to the house to discuss your
health I just put a call into him. Also I got a letter from them they want a survey on how I feel the
medical field is addressing health issues. Yes I will fill it out won't matter but I will.
Sorry I am in a lot of pain and very very upset right now.
Scared to death after his attitude of what they will find. By the way I did pressure the other Docs.
to find out what was up with my stomach but all I got was Diet Diet Diet.
Yes I have done and continue to do all the other alternatives besides meds!!!!!

• anisa69aanisa69 Posts: 55
    edited 03/06/2014 - 10:14 AM
    All I can say is if you have a pain managment doctor, make sure he is involved during and after surgery. I had two surgeries in the last 7 weeks. My PM doctor was involved. They had a great control of my pain.
    Female 44 survivor of thyroid cancer...just had two surgeries for breast cancer and chronic back pain. Live in upstate ny. On 8mg dilaudid 6 a day and 60mg morphine sulf er 2x day
  • I posted about this recently. I had a breast reduction, & the plastic surgeon was not comfortable prescribing what I needed for pain. You are lucky that your dr told you ahead of time, so you can involve a pm Dr. I learned from now on, any time I have any kind of surgery to make sure my pm is involved.
    We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand