Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Arthritis and cervical spondalosis , ACDF C5/6 and C 6/7

I really have no idea where to post this, but this looks as good as any other. I had ACDF multilevel done Jan 2011. Initially I had improvement , but that was somewhat short lived. I keep looking for alternatives to the narcotics that they have prescribed but I am not having much luck. I have been told I have arthritis in my neck, spinal stenosis, one remaining herniated disc in my neck and spondalosis
I have been experiencing some additional pain that feels like arthritis all over my body. My hands, arms, legs, knew, feet, just suffering from widespread pain. I am currently taking 20 mg oxycotin every 8 hours and Oxycodone 10 mg. 3 x a day for breakthrough. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    edited 03/07/2014 - 6:24 PM
    Have your doctor refer you or try to make an appointment with a rheumatologist concerning your arthritis.
  • No I really haven't put it together until a couple of days ago
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    edited 03/08/2014 - 4:01 AM
    Hello again Tired of the Pain,
    I had symptoms of arthritis in my early twenties but I was never correctly diagnosed until my late 30's. Since then I have had several surgery's and fusions related, some involving my neck and lower back. I am scheduled to have another neck fusion soon. If there is some specific question I could help answer for you let me know here or just PM me, otherwise there is a sister site here that is arthritis specific only where you will find a wealth of information.
    Take care,
  • I was wondering if the symptoms I am having that feels like arthritis In every joint and aching in hips,knees, feet, hands, could be a side effect of Oxycotin and Oxycodeone.i have been on them for 3 years, and I have never experience arthritis anywhere but my fingers.
  • and increased inflammation. It would be a good idea to see your GP for evaluation and possibly the addition of some anti inflammatory meds to treat the arthritis.