Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Complex back issues including spinal stenosis

Hello all,
I am a 42 year old working mum of 2, and have been diagnosed with the following conditions :
Cervical disc degeneration and moderate/high spinal stenosis at C4/5, C5/6
Lumbar disc degeneration at L4/5, S1 with root impingement and annular tear
Cervical Radioculopathy
Mild degeneration T1/2 with bulge
Lumbar instability syndrome.

I have been told i need urgent surgery on the neck, and just waiting for a date... Looking at cervical decompression and disc replacement with fusion, and then lumbar posterior fusion soon after the neck surgery.

I am hoping you guys and ladies may have advice to help me through this, if you have any pre op/ post op tips.
I am currently taking up to 75 mgs of Oramorph daily with paracetamol, ibruprofen or strong nurofen, with omeprazole, which is hopefully being reviewed by consultant next week

If any of you have the same same condition/s and can give me advice on what to expect that would be amazing.
I have been told the prognosis of the stenosis may not be good news, but i have been a bit to scared to ask any more info at this stage.
Im at the stage where there is more i cant do than can... Cant drive now or walk very far, but being stubborn in using a wheel chair, so have become a bit isolated and dependant on people, i work in medicine and off sick since December as i am to high risk to work in my environment at the moment. Plus i have great difficulty in fine motor skills, and weak arms and right leg.
Anyway thats me and my problems but any info will be very gratefully received