Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Weird pain behind my head

patrain17ppatrain17 Ottawa area, CanadaPosts: 103
Hi everybody! I am fused from occiput to c3. For the past couple of days, I've been experiencing a weird feeling/pain behind my head, in the first upper part of where my scar is located (see my pic). The pain is on the right side and it seems like that side is swollen also. I am used to pain, but this is something I've never felt before. I am somewhat worried and was wondering if someone had ever had a similar experience. The pain is mainly there when I turn my head to the right and is like a stinging/burning sensation. The first time I felt it, I was really surprised.

• Hi patrain17. I had in December 2013 a very major operation from C2 to T3 which took some 7 hours to perform. I have exactly the same pain as you have on the right side and it tracks above my right ear to my forehead. However since I had my dose of gabapentin increased to 600mg 3 times a day the pain has eased some. I have been told by my Surgeon that this is muscular in origin and will as muscles heal get better. I also find great difficulty in sleeping but slowly it is improving.
    Please keep in touch and we can compare the pain level. I am in UK by the way.

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 03/09/2014 - 12:35 PM
    if things do not improve. Any time that there is swelling and increased pain, it is good to be evaluated by your surgeon, especially given that the area you are talking about is where your surgery was done.