Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I need advice

I have been told that I can no longer get my Neurontin filled at Rite Aid. I can only have it refilled at another pharmacy. I was told since it is a pain medication prescribed by a pain management doctor, that he only deals with this particular pharmacy. I'm confused and wonder why this is happening. Does anyone know anything about this?

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 03/10/2014 - 7:21 AM
    Can't say that I have ever been told that. Have you filled at different pharmacies before? Most pm doctors want their patients to fill all of their prescriptions at one pharmacy but I've never been told that I can't use one in particular.
  • Is it your PM doc telling you this or the pharmacy or insurance? I've only ever been told its best to use just 1 pharmacy for narcotic pain medications by my PM. I get everything filled at Target for the 5% off all your shopping deal. ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • anisa69aanisa69 Posts: 55
    edited 03/10/2014 - 9:00 AM
    I go to a private pharmacy that carries my pain medications because the county I live in new York, most of the big chain pharmcies don't carry. I was very lucky to find this place. I had to call around...I think I called maybe 20 places.
    Female 44 survivor of thyroid cancer...just had two surgeries for breast cancer and chronic back pain. Live in upstate ny. On 8mg dilaudid 6 a day and 60mg morphine sulf er 2x day
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    Plus Neurontin is not considered a narcotic pain medication ( its for nerve pain ), so that it can be called in from the doctors office to any pharmacy , unlike narcotic pain medication.

Its hard to imagine that any pharmacy, large chain store or small local one would ever make the statement
    berniem said:

I was told since it is a pain medication prescribed by a pain management doctor, that he only deals with this particular pharmacy.
    I would want a better explanation from that pharmacy and have them contact both your insurance provider and doctor regarding this matter.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • teknik1200tteknik1200 Posts: 10
    edited 03/13/2014 - 9:38 AM
    A lot of these pain centers make you sign a contract that says you'll only use one pharmacy and if you go to the hospital the hospital has to call your doctor before they can give you anything.

They also say only the pain dr can give you meds so if you see a neuro those RXs git moved to the pain dr.
    it's pretty bad these days..
    scoliosis, scheuermann's kyphosis