Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

post op problems after microdiscectomy

I had a microdiscectomy over 12 months ago. I have ddd at 3 levels and have suffered with cronic back pain for most of my adult life. the surgery for my herniated disc was successful but I am still suffering a lot, if not more with my previous lower back ache. I am still on a lot of meds, I attend physio therapy weekly and also attend pilates classes to build up my core strength. I seem to be at a point were I am not progressing. I have a mri scan booked for next week as my physio therapist believes I may suffer from spinal instability. I often have a slipping sensation around the level were I had my op and after this occurs I have pain that starts from deep inside my spine and radiates out and down to my hips, buttocks and legs. has anyone else had these problems or suffered from similar symptoms. also something that is bothering me is that sometimes my spine feels fine and everything feels in place but other times it feels like a verterbrea has slipped out of place but then almost seems to correct itself. I worry that maybe if I have the scan when everything feels ok that it may not show the true picture. does anyone know if slipping can happen but then can slip back into place. sorry for any errors or mistakes in this post. thanks in advance.

• I have similar issues. I had the same operation, but just 5 months ago. I only have 1 bad disc, L4-5, but it feels unstable like you describe.

When everything feels "lined up" I can walk without much discomfort, and I feel pretty normal. I can't do much more than just walking, as that leads to severe pain. But when things are not right; it hurts to walk, pains going down my left leg, a bit of weakness and I feel terrible.

8 weeks out of surgery I felt great and couldn't wait for winter to get over and get outside and active again. But not so fast. Recent consult with a big city spine doc says fusion should fix me up good as new since I have just 1 bad disc, so that's why I'm here.
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.