Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Have Tried EVERY Medication Available!

Hi. Just joined today after surfing around looking for alternative methods to assist me with my severe chronic pain.
I was involved in many different explosion blasts while serving in Iraq and now am a 100% Disabled Vet with Traumatic Brain Injury, Numerous Cervical spine issues, PTSD, and other medical problems as well. VA does nothing but medicate so recently I have sought civilian treatment in way of Facet Injections and RF too. They are also starting me on acupuncture and of course massage helps as well.

I read a few posts on here regarding medications and wanted to say, if anyone has any questions on them - though not an expert or Dr I have probably taken EVERY form of narcotic out there from both VA and pain Dr's. I know what works and what doesn't, how it feels to detox, and how I LIVE with my pain - perhaps NOT how you should. :)

Would like to keep on this forum to see what others are doing though my case may be a bit different.
Thanks and its nice to be here! Do we say something like "Hi Im Bill and Im opiate dependent" or something?

Best regards,

Bill Wallace

• May I be the first to say thank you for your service & extreme sacrifice for our Country. I'm fairly new to the forum, & am still figuring out my condition, but there is a lot of good information on here, & everyone has their own unique experiences to share, & I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say :). Susan
    We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    I think by now you saw what Liz posted. There is so much more than just medication when it comes to total pain management and control.

In addition, there are so many different types of conservative treatments, each may hone in on a different area. The important thing is not to concentrate on the narcotic pain medications alone.

But just for starters, it would help if you could provide us with much more information about yourself. We outline what each new member should provide in their initial posts. This is important so that other members will have a better understanding of your situation and not base everything on assumptions.

• - To start with, I do not really know what your condition is, you mention brain injury and spine issues, but what?
      - What cervical discs are involved?
      - What diagnostic tests have you had and what were their results?
      - What type of doctor have you been seeing (above and beyond the VA)?
      - What has been their recommendations?
      - What are the current list of medications you are taking?
      - Have you had surgery? Has your doctor talk to you about it?
      - What treatments have you already had?
    This is almost like a detective game. The more information and clues you can give us, the better prepared we will be to provide responses to some of your questions.

You will also be amazed at just how many different medications other members here have tried. In the scope of legal medications, there are classifications and divisions for all of them. If you are also talking about illegal medications, its none of my business.

Help us to help you.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com