Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to forum with questions

I have more then one condition diagnosed: lumbar spondylolisthesis, degenerative lumbar kyphoscoliosis, lumbar stenosis with claudication. Nerve root displacement and impingement, I take 4-6 Tylenol for arthritis a day plus 1 or 2 50 mg tramadol. I'm 71 and 2 Neurosugeons said I'm not operable because I'd need a fusion from L-2 thru S-1 in order to even fix the stenosis. Of course I also have arthritis.

The end result is for a while I couldn't stand walk or sit down. After 2 Caudal guided injections I can sit down. I've still got some pain walking and standing but the tramadol has helped. This just started last April. but my spinal pics show long time issue. I carry a small 3 legged stool if I'm out for a while.

How could all this suddenly start?
What exercise will help all or what to avoid? It's a little contradictory because of multiple issues.
Will I need more and more of the Tramadol to help at all?
Do these conditions get worse over time?

rhoda kaiser

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    Welcome to Spine-Health and how to get started

Please use the above message and links as a reference guide on how to best use Spine-Health

Reading your thread, there are two pieces that I am having trouble understanding.

(1) You identify all the problems you have
    (2) But then you ask how could they have come on so suddenly

You explained your previous problems, and that the doctors do not want to perform surgery. Ok, that happens very often, but then what are the options they are giving you? Physical Therapy, Aqua Therapy, Tens unit, Massage???

You mention several diagnosis and ask if they will worsen over time. Which one, all or some of them are you talking about?

The more detailed information you can provide us, the better it us for people to respond. Some of the information you provide has detail, but there are many questions. That might be a reason people have not responded, because they reall y dont know what to respond to.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com