Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Abnormal ACDF symptoms?

1 week from c3-c6 ACDF.

They prescribed me with dilaudid which I threw up the first 3 days. They ordered phenigrane to help.

1) I am getting constant headaches from Vista MP collar. The headaches are at the base of my neck where it meets lower brain and extends up from there. I've tried changing settings multiple times front and back no relief.

I used to be on fioricet for tension headaches, this feels a lot like them. May ask for rx.

2nd, my throat feels out of alignment. like if you took a rx that got stuck or food clogged. it's very sore not at incision site but "down the drain".

There are times phlegm is stuck in back of throat or I have to cough and pain is unbearable.

laying straight on back puts pressure and hurts front of my throat.

worried fusion won't take place due to too much play with this necklace. almost wish they put me in ring. no matter how I lay I feel like the brace plus pulling my neck like through traction. it hurts alot. it also feels like I "need" to crack my neck left and right. been very disciplined not to do this.

I know these questions are best for my OS, but don't want to waste his time with dumb questions.

• Dakota6DDakota6 Posts: 3
    edited 03/16/2014 - 9:49 AM
    Also any recommendations for muscle relaxer? Flexeril makes me too groggy and take 36 hr naps.

I'm on diazepam now, would like something a little less powerful.
  • your Surgeon about, Soma, Robaxin and some others.
    Have you tried sleeping in a recliner? I'm 2 months out of c4-c7 fusion and still sleeping in a recliner. Also can't sleep lying flat with the collar on.
    I have been in my Aspen collar for 2 months seems like forever, I haven't seen a Vista collar imagine it's probably similar. The first couple of weeks I had to use some old t-shirts to help cushion the top of the collar where it comes in contact with your head, it did cause headaches and sorespots on my head.
    What you are describing with your throat seems pretty normal for where you are in your recovery. They pulled everything asside and it does cause soreness, swelling and sometimes hoarseness. Everyone seems to be different on what causes swallowing problems. Some it's soft foods, or water, mine is anything containing bread, biscuits, crackers still seems to get stuck and have to drink lots of liquids to get it to go down. Also have trouble with capsules getting stuck and have to cough them back up and try again.
    Hope your doing better today.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched