Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

medical marijuana

Has anyone tried medical marijuana or on w somonn that has? I always said I would never do that but the last two years have made me reconsider
W. Logan

• Yes I have and I do every night now! It's the best way to drift off to sleep naturally. I don't have any through the day as I have kids and need to be focused and be their mum. At night after dinner when all is done for the day I chill relax and unwind with a vape. It takes the edge off the pain puts me in an accepting positive mindset and makes me sleepy. We put enough chemicals in our bodies. Medical marijuana is a natural product!.. Can't beat that!... ;)
  • teknik1200tteknik1200 Posts: 10
    edited 03/19/2014 - 11:28 AM
    It helps me sleep and kind of helps with the pain but not for very long.

Some drs will not treat you if you are a medical cannabis user. (it's actually cannabis, marijuana is slang and intended to sound negative when it was banned)

Where it really helps is in tolerance reduction and dealing with the fact that life in complete pain is miserable.
    scoliosis, scheuermann's kyphosis
  • Do you use the special pain blends of cannabis that are available?
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • Was not sure where to post this but did you know that the DEA is
    concerned that Rabbits might get stoned if they pass the medical
    marijuana bill in Utah.
    Wow that should be a huge factor in that decision right? It never fails
    to amaze me what justification they try to come up with but this one
    takes the cake. It is true a DEA agent presented to a Utah senate panel
    their concern with Rabbits getting stoned and their concern what effect
    all those plants being grown would have on the environment.
    Just a little humor for the day take it anyway you want.
    I recently did a turn about spent the last 12 years following the rules,
    try all the meds (with horrible side effects), did all the other miracle cures, begged for relief,
    where did it get me today I live a joke of a life. The pain has gotten to the point
    that it is eating me up and believe me I don't want pity at all. I just think it is
    -------- when they are worried about Rabbits getting stoned give me a break.
    The minute it is legal and a Doctor prescribes
    it for me I will run to fill it and believe me I am educated when it comes to this subject.
    What a world we live in to suffer day after day no matter how hard we try.
  • Oh I'm so selfish! Suffering with unrelenting pain & never for one moment did I consider the poor bunnies!! As long as they don't crank-up the Hendrix in the middle of the night I don't care what the rabbits get upto!!
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • EnglishGirl said:
    Oh I'm so selfish! Suffering with unrelenting pain & never for one moment did I consider the poor bunnies!! As long as they don't crank-up the Hendrix in the middle of the night I don't care what the rabbits get upto!!
    Artificial disc at L5S1 for 10 years. Had 3 Level lumbar fusion and Laminectomy on Sept 27, 2013. It was an OLIF (Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion) with cages, BMP, rods & screws. Norco, Plaquenil
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    edited 03/15/2015 - 2:20 AM
    I really needed that laugh! Now I'm picturing all the bunnies in my yard jamming to Hendrix & munching away on all the clover in my yard!
  • Oh I'm going to be sensible now...well sort of. Years ago there was a show in England. It filmed a community of feral cats that lived around cat nip bushes. It was so interesting that most of the cats 'followed the rules' & just had a little then went about their day. It was only a small number that went crazy, ate as much as they could & over indulged.
    All these cats lived around the bushes & (I think!) all of them partook of a little recreational nip. Isn't it interesting?

Can rabbits get stoned on marijuana? Someone must of wasted money to prove they do. People can't get high on cat nip but cats can. I was just wondering.

The subject of marijuana has been discussed many, many times over the years on this forum. I honestly thought we had said everything!! HaHaHa.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • It just makes you happy and lets in all of the good. Especially when you're in pain doing rehab.
  • It is true the DEA used his experience when they went into the mountains
    searching for the plants they found rabbits eating the plants.
    They said one of the bunnies in that location was not afraid of him so he
    figured it was stoned.
    Well guess what a vote of one decided we in Utah will not get medical
    marijuana this year. There was a young mother there who is suffering with cancer,
    but no the risk is too high. Also there were Doctor's who wanted the bill passed
    and even some of those who voted not to pass it said they were pressured into
    making that decision. Shame on all of them when it could help or at lease be
    used in Research.
    I used to be against it but suffering day in and day out, doing all I can, my attitude
    has changed I would smoke it in a heartbeat. How do we live with pain that
    makes it almost impossible to take a breath, use the toilet, sleep, walk, sit on and on.
    The humor of it all they pump you full of other meds which take a real toll on a lot of
    us and now I am cause I requested it taking a medication that I took two times before
    and guess what the same horrible side effects two weeks later. When I asked for it no
    concern the Doctor said that is a great medication not even concerned with the side effects.
    I know my choice but you get desperate bring it all on, I will do it all to just drop this
    pain level a little.
    No one needs to tell me use any of the other tools cause when pain is at this point
    to ---- with it all, a person should have relief whatever it takes.
    Like my son said "those that live in their little comfort bubble just don't get it".
    Truly sorry to all of you out there that suffer and your pain is not controlled life is
    not even describable living like this.
    Hey maybe I should go up in the mountains and join the rabbits.
    Take care I really do care about you all.