Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

From Ron's Corner

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
edited 03/18/2014 - 7:55 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
Ok, I decided to make it a habit in posting about various topics. Most of the time, I will be touching on topics that have alarmed some, have made some happy, have mad some gun shy, or just to put some sunshine on problems I think that need to be surfaced.

Mine bat is bigger than your bat
Today, I received a message that really hit me and made me think more about how we handle new people. The thrust of the message was that Sometimes newer folks feel that their problems may not be that big, but then others on the site start to shoot them down or make them feel unwanted

That is really disturbing. We have tried our best to welcome new members providing them with details about how to use the system, our rules, how to post, etc. But I do understand what the person was saying.

There may be a new thread where a person tries to talk about some problems they are having. Next thing there are a series of posts telling that person that they shouldn't be feeling this way , or that the problem I have is much bigger than yours. That type of response will drive anyone away from this site. I believe as a total member community we always need to be sympathetic of the new folks who are coming here scared and are looking for information. We dont want to scare them away, we want to help them. So, I am asking for everyone's help with this one.

Freedom of Speech I can say anything I want, that is my right in terms of freedom of speech. Ok, first of all, that may apply only to the United States. I have no idea how other countries deal with this. But that freedom of speech exits only on the public platforms. It does not apply to private sites such as Spine-Health. This does not mean we do not allow members to speak freely. In fact we encourage people to say whats on their mind or respond to another poster. But all of that has to be done within the rules of Spine-Health. You break those rules and there is a good chance you will be temporarily banned from the site.

Certain Friends, Groups, etc Sure those do exist. They exist on any online site that has more than a couple of members. Many new members look at this as being a bad thing. They sometimes feel that a certain number of individuals can say what they want and nothing is dong about it.. This is not exactly true. No matter who you are as a member, if you break a rule, we ill address it privately. We will never tell others that we just told member "A" that they can not do that anymore. But in reality, we did tell that member 'A", if they continue that behavior they will be gone.

My Idea is better than yours' This happens time to time and when it does, there can be some major rumblings brewing within the member community. I have been guilty of this before. For a long time, member Anelsen15 and I had post battles, I would say Black, Aaron would say White, I would say Blue, Aaron would say Red. This went on and on.

But after a while, really reading what was being said, Aaron and I thought the same way. We were very passionate about our beliefs and mindset. We were not going to give in only because the others said so. Today, I have a great deal of respect for Aaron. True we may note always agree on a topic, but we respect what the other is saying.

This site is very unlike others. Its not the sandbox, kick your shoes off and unwind type of site. We deal with people who have just experienced spinal problems to those that have been dealing with it for over 35 years.

Our objective is to help everyone. No one should be made to feel inferior or not welcomed. If there is a situation that any member does feel that way, please let me know. This is not the way we are suppose to be.

Since I said this is Ron's corner, just another way to communicate, I welcome comments, I welcome other responses in terms of where problems are brewing. Never feel that you can not tell us what you think. Stay within the forum rules and I can guarantee you that if you approach any of my moderators you will be handled in a professional and sensitive way. If that does not happen, that means I have failed in my job.

I am passionate about Spine-Health. I came upon this site when I was so very desperate about my spinal condition. I have learned so much here, I have learned alot from other members, not only about spinal problems, but about life in general. I have gained so many virtual friendships, I have established some strong bonds that are very important and mean a lot to me.

Help me Help you make Spine-Health the Site you WANT to be on
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com