Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical Pain

ECHEECH Posts: 19
edited 03/22/2014 - 7:00 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Has anyone tried laser treatments, specifically the LCT-1000 laser for cervical pain?

Also, has anyone tried epidural injections for cervical pain?

What were your results and for how long?
2007 TLIF L2-L3 Fusion; 2012 C4 Corpectomy, C3-5 Fusion.

• jeffntatejjeffntate Posts: 58
    edited 03/22/2014 - 1:19 PM
    I tried an epidural and it did nothing for me other than cost me $700 out of pocket.
    Cervical laminectomy, facetectomy, and foraminotomy (3-6 of each) with instrumentation and cadaver fusion due to cervical spondylotic myelopathy, radiculopathy ,and spinal cord contusion - surgery done in April 2014.
  • Hi Jeff:
    That is what I am afraid of. It is quite an ordeal from what I understand. It is costly and may not work, like in your case. Have you heard of laser treatments?
    2007 TLIF L2-L3 Fusion; 2012 C4 Corpectomy, C3-5 Fusion.
  • There is a process to treating spine pain........starting with rest, heat, physical therapy and if those options do not resolve the problem and the examination shows concerning findings, then the patient is usually referred for imaging studies to see what might be causing the symptoms.
    The treatment steps are outlined here http://www.spine-health.com/forum/pain/chronic-pain/chronic-pain-treatment-step-step

Injections are done for two reasons, first they are diagnostic in nature, meaning that if the injection , after a few minutes or days relieves the pain, then the area of pain is confirmed and relief may be experienced for days, weeks or months depending on the type of injection and the cause of the symptoms. The second reason they are done is to see if the medications used can alleviate the symptoms and provide relief and eliminate inflammed tissue in the area.
    Usually in the injections are quite effective, depending on the amount of time that you have had these symptoms and the problem that it being treated. Most insurance companies require at least a series of injections to see if there is any medical benefit before they will approve moving on to the next step in treatment.
  • mikeymikemmikeymike Posts: 21
    edited 03/24/2014 - 2:57 AM
    the comment above that says (laser and ESI) that is the name of the post but the comments in it, i did not put. Very wierd!