Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

after you had L1 L2 fusion, did you...?

have any relief from leg pain?

I'm only asking because I'm thinking about seeing my surgeon again for intense inner/sometimes outer upper leg pain & trembling. I've already had S1 through L3 fused over the years, L2/3 being the last one a few years back. But this winter has taken its toll & I'm kinda glued to my cane now. I looked online for some human body pain nerve maps and 'followed' my pain paths with the body/nerve graphic pics/diagrams I downloaded & L1/L2 seems to be the source.

I still have the same pre-surgery lower back pain I've always had - each of the surgeries had worked for a short period of time - but being a guy, that just meant that the lack of pain means I could go back to doing stuff...;>)

So, if you had Upper Leg Pain (ULP) prior to surgery, did you get any relief afterwards? Did the weakness & trembling go away? Can you walk more than 10 feet without a cane or feel like your legs are going to collapse? Electrical stabbing shocks stop? My 5mg of oxy ain't doing the trick, adding Diloted didn't help, 12.5 mkgm fentanyl patches aren't making themselves known (my pcp wants to keep increasing the dosage until I can feel them start working, but at least I'm not projectile vomiting with the patches yet, like I do with some of the pils) & my pcp wants me to try methadone (?) if the other stuff gives no relief.

At this point, I'd like it if the meds wouldn't give me such freakin' weird dreams!!!

• Unless you have imaging studies showing that those nerves are being effected, it is really a guess as to what is causing your symptoms. A visit with your surgeon for an examination is always a good idea so that he can see what is going on and come up with a treatment plan. Having more surgery does not guarantee that there will be improvement or relief from pain and symptoms though, it really depends on how damaged the nerves are, for how long they have been that way, and whether or not the damage is permanent. Surgery can in fact, make things worse.
  • and I hell with leg problems and lower back pain ..I am worse now that I was before the operation .I am on MORE meds now too .I don't know what I can say to help as I need advice myself .I am 17 years in pain 3 operations and getting worse by the day ..now limited to the house and even that takes it out of me .good luck my friend
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014