Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain for 2 yrs & please help!!!!

Kind of a long story but please help!!!
I am a 24 yr old female and I started experiencing pain right shoulder during November of 2012. It was completely sudden, I just woke up one day with it hurting. After a couple weeks of it not going anywhere and just spreading to my neck and shoulder blades I decided to go to the doctor. I got many x-rays and then an MRI a few months later because the doc was unable to figure it out. I went to an ortho for the MRI and the only thing found was a couple degenerative discs. But when I asked if that was the cause of my shoulder blade pain, he said maybe, maybe not. Then that was that. I was told I was checked for RA and MS. I was put on Cymbalta, muscle relaxers, percocet and BuTrans Patch which all seemed to work but I was not satisfied with not really knowing what was actually wrong. They have also said my nerves are fine but I do not think so now.

I am now pregnant, 32 weeks, so all research and medication has stopped, but now the past week if has gotten extremely bad!! I now feel it in my left elbow along with the usual neck, both shoulder blades and spine. My arms feel very weak and it feels like there is a bubble or ball under my left shoulder blade and sometimes my arms feel tingly. My neck and shoulders sound like rice crispies, they crunch, crackle, pop and feels like they are grinding. I have tried going to the chiropractor but it didn't seem like it was working so after a month+ I gave up. With it getting worse I am more frustrated with not having answers, unless it is all due to degenerative discs and I cannot get another MRI or x-ray since I am pregnant.

Has anyone experienced all of this or even some of it and has been diagnosed? I would like to go into a doctor and say, check for this or that. I have the okay to be on my pain medication but my original pain management doc will not see me until I have my baby.