Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

squeezing pression in the back of my head and neck

Hi everyone I'm writting here because I've been experiencing some struggling squezzing pressure in the back of my head for over than 4 months that gets worse when I lay down on the pillow.Seen various neurologists because I had other symptoms like throbbing head pain on one part of my head,diziness and head tightness in the parieto-occipital part of my head.They said to me I have occipital neuralgia and took various of meds to get rid of the head pain.I don't have any head aches anymore but I still have the pression in the back of my head and neck when I lay down I just feel that I'm sleeping on rocks.I have shoulder pain too and extremely contracted neck muscles when I lay down feeling that I have a stick against my head.I also have cracking neck noises when I move my head or lay down.I have this feeling 24h/7 it never goes away,I have some better days when I have only tightness in the back of my head but I have also some horrible days and especially nights when the pression is so bad even standing up I feel my scalp is pulled in the back of my head and this give me pain and pression in temples too.I don't know if that makes any sense of what I said but this condition have made my life a living hell not to mention when other symptoms appear dizziness,blurred vision,off-balance makes me o lose hope that I'll be like I was again.I've become addicted to sleeping pills because I get terrible anxiety problems of this pression who won't let me sleep,the more I struggle to sleep and don't find any position,can't sleep on any side well because it creates tremendous pression.I worry always that someting will explode in my head.Forget to say that I had an X-ray on the cervival spine and it only showed a minor problem on the C6 disc.But I was thinking that my problem is from my cervical spine even though nothing really bad showed on the x-ray,I'm kinda confused don't know what to think anymore.The only thing that works for a while and get pain relief if applying my electric pillow on my neck.So, I was wondering if any of you have or had something like this and how you managed to get through it.I'd be grateful for some answers.
advertisement

Comments