Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cinnamon & Honey

MSGMSG Posts: 296
edited 03/25/2014 - 7:04 PM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right area, but here goes:

I saw something on FB about cinnamon & honey enabling you to lose weight. I checked that website that you can go to to see if things are true, false, folklore, etc, & it got mixed reviews. Supposedly it can help with cholesterol, upset stomach, arthritis (which I know a lot of people have) a bunch of other stuff.

I'm always on a quest to help me lose weight, & have bought a couple of products, but decided not to try them because I'm too afraid it might not mix well with all the other drugs, even when it's supposed to be natural. I'm sure most of us know that certain types of vitamins & natural supplements don't mix well, but I'm thinking that honey & cinnamon would be ok. Of course, I'm not a dr, so any questions about drinking a cinnamon/honey tea every day & how it could affect your meds should be directed to your dr.

I'm sure some of you have heard of this, but I haven't & just thought if pass it on.
We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand

• Is that it is good for flu. I have used it on the first cold or flu like symptoms and have to say it made me feel better. I also know tha cinnamon can reduce blood sugar as I told a friend and she tried it and was able to get off of insulin. I know nothing about either being used as weight reduction
  • SpinellieSSpinellie Posts: 20
    edited 03/30/2014 - 10:14 AM
    Is this the one that you drink in hot water? I am interested in trying it out. I read that it also regulates blood sugar levels.
  • Yes you can put it in hot water or tea or just take it straight, if you're tough
  • IamMonkeyDLuffyIIamMonkeyDLuffy Posts: 43
    edited 07/17/2014 - 7:50 PM
    Upon researching on benefits of cinnamon tea, I learned that it lower your cholesterol and protect your heart. And also, cinnamon tea is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
    "When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten."
  • PlumbTuckeredOutPlumbTuckeredOut Philadelphia, PAPosts: 325
    No matter what you eat or don't eat the unsecret of weight loss is taking in fewer calories than you spend. The trick is in getting all your nutritional needs, protein, carbs, fats, vitamins, veggies, fiber without going over your caloric limit that day. The more calories you eat, the more you need to burn to lose weight.
    Certain foods have multiple benefits such as being high in fiber and vitamins. Certain foods are special once a week treats when they are high in calories and low in nutrients but they make you feel good. It's important to have treats now and then too.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by...... (Robert Frost)
    I still don't know if I should have taken the one that said, "Caution! Dead End" (Me)
  • I take Cinnamon & Honey with tea, it tastes good and has many health benefits.
  • lujilujetllujilujet Posts: 4
    edited 02/19/2016 - 7:50 AM
    Honey and Cinnamon mixture has many benefits and can cure most of the diseases. Honey has been used as a vital and natural medicine for centuries. As honey and cinnamon magic mixture can be used for many of following diseases without any side effects for any kind of diseases. 
    • Acne
    • Skin Infections
    • Weight Loss
    • Arthritis
    • Hair Loss
    • Bladder Infections
    • Toothache
    • Cholesterol
    • Cold and Cough
    • Infertility
    • Upset Stomach
    • Bad Breath
    As I personally, am taking honey with  lukewarm water every day (empty stomach). So its a natural way for every diseases.  

Before you try any supplement, herb, over the counter item,  exercise program,  mechanical aid,  brace,  etc  always consult with your doctor to make sure you get their approval. Some of these products may be very effective, but no two individuals or medical conditions are alike.  What works for one, may cause trouble for another.

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Administrator

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History