Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My name is Heather and I have been living with chronic pain for almost 15 years. I was in a severe car accident in August of 1998. An elderly man with dementia, who was under his adult daughters care, snuck out and went for a drive on a Sunday morning. I was on my way to work, it was about 10 am. I was traveling north on a 2 lane highway at about 65 mph. I and just passed through a lighted intersection, which literally turned yellow as I traveled through the intersection. I was approaching another intersection that was not lighted, it was a stop sign cross over. As I approached this intersection I saw a blue lincoln continental approaching the stop sign on my right to cross the northbound lanes to the southbound lanes. As I came closer to the intersection I noticed the lincoln was not slowing down for the stop sign in front of him. By this time it was to late, all I could do is hope I didn't hit this guy in his door. I had no time to slow down, although I know I tried for the brake, and I remember my foot touching the pedal at the same time I hit the lincoln. I remember glass, metal, and plastic flying, then I remember waking up and being completely disoriented and numb. There had been a woman behind the lincoln who thankfully witnessed the accident and she had called 911 and was now screaming at me through the passenger side window. When she saw me move she shrieked at me that she had called 911 and that she thought I was dead. I then tried to open my door, but the impact had demolished the front of my car and the doors where jammed shut, so I rolled down my window and began to climb out. Now the traffic from the previous lighted intersection where slowly driving around my demolished vehicle staring at me and then driving off, not one of those people stopped or even asked if I was ok. And