Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

throbbing arms/wrists/hands & fingers tingling with electric shocks.....is this C7 disc problems ?

I have throbbing arms/wrists/hands & fingers tingling with electric shocks.....is this C7 disc problems....herniated maybe ? its difficult to type because pain goes right from shoulder to tips of fingers constantly. I have previously had C5/6 & C6/7 ACDF fusions...Any help much appreciated xx just waiting for mri scan....also I have degenerative disc disease in lumbar discs

• Hi, sorry you're hurting so much.

I have a herniated disc at C7-T1, was told I have pressure on the C7 nerve, awful, awful pain.

My symptoms are the same as yours, apart from neck pain...shoulder pain and it radiates/throbs/tingles down my forearms and in to my fingers, especially on the left side,sometimes I feel weak holding something.

Had a steroid injection yesterday.

Hope you get relief soon!!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,863
    When you try to pinpoint what disc is causing what problem, a Dermatone Map can be useful

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I have permenant nerve damage to the nerve at the root coming from C7. It was determined from a nerve conduction test. I have radiating pain, achey feelings, tingling, arthritis like symptoms in my forearm, hands , knuckles, fingers. I also have pain in my neck and shoulders before and after an ACDF in 2011
  • I had a double ACDF C5-C7 - still have severe neck and shoulder pain, severe hand and finger pain and super sensitivity to the point I cant use a fork or knife, write etc., My arm is in so much pain all the time. I also find it very hard to walk. I also go completely numb on the right side if I sit more than 15 min. My MRI just came back and everything looks good since surgery so I'm not sure what gives. I guess the nerve damage prior just doesn't want to go away