Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm new to this kind of thing, so please if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. I got hurt 5 years ago, January 24, 2009. I have had a posterior total cervical laminectomy. This was my third surgery, my first two were anterior cervical fusions w discectomy from C3-6. I had another anterior surgery due to my nerves were impinged and caused a cord compression at C4-5. It helped for a few months then I was back down again. My neurosurgeon was retiring, I was petrified who was gonna work on me! He referred me to his partner whom I just think is the best doctor ever!! He did my last surgery and told my daughter he was sorry he was sorry that it had taken a lot longer (3 hours longer) than he had expected. He said I had things going on in my neck and surrounding areas he was not aware of. My spinal fluid had been leaking into the left lateral area. She had know idea what he meant she was only 19 and her couldn't get out of work to b there with her. My parents had both passed away in 2008, so she was all by herself. He stayed and explained it to her so she wouldn't be afraid for me & that she would understand. He said from the leaking and the scar tissue plus another thing I don't remember,
He had to relieve the cord compression again fix where it was leaking and get rid of the debris.
That's how I wound up with a total laminectomy in the back. Not to count the plates & screws in the front. My neck looks like Tinker Toys or train tracks! I'm in severe pain every single day, my migraines are back with a vengeance and I'm depressed. I will never b able to work again.
I am just now 15 months from my last surgery and I have had people bring up the spinal cord stimulator. I don't know if I want to get cut again. Then again to place it permanently. Then if something happens to have it removed. I have been cut, poked & prodded enough. I am going to have to talk to people who had it. I have read horror stories about it!
Thank you for letting me tell my story, well I even left out when I had my first and developed a hematoma under my incision and had to b rushed back to the OR!!
Lisa L
Lisa K. Lewis