Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tingling in left shoulder blade has progressed

HeyHeyJJHHeyHeyJJ Posts: 1
edited 01/12/2016 - 8:03 PM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
To make a long story short, I developed tingling in my left shoulder blade around September 2013, which I attributed to moving heavy objects from the attic in preparation for a cross country work relocation. Then the tingling developed into muscle spasms and muscle knots. I went to my GP in November and he ordered a chest X-ray which came back negative. I continued to have the tingling and spasms despite taking NSAIDs and flexeril.

I was then referred to a neurologist who ordered a brain and cervical spine MRI which came back negative(Suspected MS due to other neurological issue like muscle fasciculations). I have really bad health anxiety and he determined it was most likely stress since I was going through a rough time. The pain has continued off and on since that time but with the last few days the pain seems to have worsened after a ski trip last month and is now hurting on the right side of my spine as well. My spine also feels like it is bruised on several vertebrae and the muscle pain extends out from that point. Also, when I bend my neck down as far as it can go I get pain in my muscles down both side of the spine. I have scheduled another appointment with my neuro for this Tuesday.

The pain in the muscle and spine only hurt when I press on them or when I am upright leaning against something. Lying flat seems to be beneficial. Has anyone experienced this combination of symptoms?

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • HoneyBHHoneyB Posts: 2
    edited 01/12/2016 - 8:00 PM
    Hi there,
    I have exactly the same pain almost, I have had it since June and it just came out of nowhere, I initially thought that it was sleeping in a strange position. I woke up one morning with a pain in my shoulder right under my shoulder blade. It got worse and worse over the weeks until It got to the point where I could not concentrate or do anything. I would get spasms all the time and it hurt so much! I went to the doctor and they gave me some pain killers and told me it was most likely just a tear and would heal over time. My shoulder felt as if somebody had shot me in the back and the burning hot bullet was still stuck in my muscle ( that's the best way I can describe it!) And I had a sort of tingling pain surrounding the area.
    I took my painkillers flexerol and some others and they helped a bit along with massage sometimes.
    This was when I was in Canada during the summer...by the time I got back to the Netherlands in September, my condition still hadn't improved and I went to the doctor here. Unfortunately they don't have flexerol apparently here and they don't give anything for pain besides paracetamol and my doctor won't send me for an MRI. I had an xray and it turns out I have scoliosis, but that is most likely unrelated. I started going to fysio twice a week, which improved it to the point that I don't feel the burning bullet anymore, only sometimes, but I still get the deep tingling numb pain which is annoying. My shoulder feels so tight, and my fysio guy said that I have tight subcutaneous tissue ( he said it in Dutch and I don't know how to say it exactly I'm English). I started to feel something new last month - it feels as though some parts of my thoracic spine is bruised. It's very tender to the touch and feels almost inflammed. I'm sorry for the rambling but I am just desperate for some kind of information on what this old be and how to make it go away! Thanks!

This is a very old thread, the original poster has not been on the forum for more than a years
    I suggest you Creating a new thread
    For helpful information please click on link
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Liz -Spine-health Moderator