Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

is it to soon to go back to work??

I had 3 level fusion/bone graft feb4,2014,I'm still have back pain and weakness in my legs,In 2012 I had my 1st surgery 4L/5L s1 fusion but the screws broke and thats why the 2nd surgery,I'm back to taking care of my own house but at a slower rate.I do house cleaning for a living and I want to get back to work but this time with a helper.Am I rushing things? cause I'm bored out of my mind or should I wait.My Dr told me I could go back to normal as my my body allows.At the very most it would be only 2 hours .A few days a week,,

• What has your surgeon told you? You should ONLY be doing what he has cleared you to do, and I know of no one who was cleared to do housework at 4-6 weeks post op.....doing more than the restrictions put in place by your surgeon puts the outcome and recovery from your surgery at risk.
    You need to see your surgeon and ask him about the activity level .
  • My surgeon knows what I do for living and told me to do as my body will allow.He had me start weaning off my brace at 4 weeks.My body hurts but is it just stiffing up?Know matter what I do during the day,just watching tv or putting around the house I still feel the same at the end of the day.So I was thinking Should I start working ,,just don't bend lift or twist,,leave all the harder work for my helper.I don't want to harm my back