Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

An exciting event

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
I have my normal 4-6 week follow up with my physiatrist. After being on the butrans patch for 2 months and then 1 week in Florida, and 2 weeks with my Thai Guru Deep Tissue person, I am feeling better and better.

For the first time in almost a year, I have been getting by with 3 Oxycodone 5mg day. That is good, before it could have been 4 to 8 a day. So I am real happy.

My physiatrist wrote a new script that decreases my monthly amount from 180 to 90. This is the goal and objective we both have been waiting for.

I've had my surgeries, , my joints (shoulder/hips) have been replaced, so hopefully no surgery in the short term.

My next objective is to get down to 2 pills a day

At that point, my doctor and I will have to figure out what will be the longer term plan...

But for now, I am real excited.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 04/01/2014 - 8:51 AM
    Congratulations! I did a similar thing with my meds.....was on 150mcg of fentanyl with up to 6 oxycodone for breakthrough pain a day.....I wanted to see where I am now, so reduced my fentanyl by 50 mcg , and then reduced it again another 50 mcg....so I was down at 50 mcg, which was much better in my mind for me.......then I started working on the oxycodone, so I had her remove two of them from my daily allotment, ( I was using around 2 per day , if needed) , so I had her reduce them again. With warmer weather coming, I wanted to change back to a pill form for my long acting, although fentanyl works really well for me , but I swim so I don't like the patches in the sun....anyway, we swapped out the fentanyl to Opana, 15 mg bid , and so far, so good........I am so looking forward to warm weather, and the pool....My pain control is still good, and I don't seem to need the oxycodone more than once a day right now, so I am hoping to continue on the path that I am....I would be thrilled if I could ever get to a prn basis....especially after all of these years......
  • Glad to hear things are going in the right direction for you, Ron!
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2