Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

If you could, Who would be the person

that you would like to met and talk one on one with?

I know we all have that one special person....

It could be religious oriented.
It could be a famous person
It could be a pioneer
It could be a doctor, a lawyer, a painter, a scupltor

Who is that person for you?
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• The person that I would most like to sit down and talk with isn't anyone famous, he never discovered anything, never healed anyone, never won a court case, never discovered any uncharted territory.....The person I would most like to have some time with is my dad.

My dad and I never got along, he was mentally, physically and emotionally abusive to me growing up. Once grown I avoided any contact with him. I did visit him but at the same time I couldn't wait to leave, I would call him but couldn't wait to hang up the phone. I unfortunately suffered many many years of emotional turmoil well into my 30's. I finally sought help for what I had been through at the hands of the man who was supposed to care, nurture and protect me. In doing this, I discovered that he had his own demons that were never properly dealt with and eventually those demons were taken out on me. Why? Basically, I was the only one to stand up to my dad-everyone else feared him & were too afraid to upset him so basically he got his way on everything in our family. I took many beatings because everyone was too afraid to get involved.

Once my dad saw I was the ONLY person to stand up to him and that he could no longer physically, mentally or emotionally abuse me--I think with this he developed a great respect for me & I became his confidant & remarkably his close friend. My dad and I were becoming friends and I was finally having the kind of relationship I had always wanted to have with him. We had mutual respect for each other and along the way, after knowing more about my dad's past and medical history, I was able to 110% forgive my dad for everything-and I meant this with every fiber of my being. Visits & phone conversations became enjoyable...

Then my dad got sick-terminal cancer. He asked for me constantly. I was there every bit that I could be, I spent many sleepless nights in the hospital with him. My dad died within a month of being diagnosed. Just as we were finally, starting to build our relationship-he was gone. I have, over the years, felt robbed of my father/daughter relationship. Just as we were getting to a good point in our relationship he was gone, I wanted more time, I still do. So, the person, I would most like to sit down and spend time with & have a conversation with is none other than my dad. I did and still do miss my dad & I love my dad very much.

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    My mother who passed away earlier this year
    Susan