Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Who has been your enemy?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,863
edited 04/02/2014 - 5:44 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
Those of you that have known me for a while, I tend to post and ask questions in the positive vain. I maintain a positive outlook and positive frame of mind can be so helpful in dealing with chronic pain.

But, sometimes its easy for us to know the positive aspects.

But on the other side, who or what has been your biggest enemy?

For some folks, it could be the managers where they work, it could be the teachers of a school, it could be a coach on a team, it could be a spouse....

We all realize that as we move on through dealing with chronic pain, there are positives and negatives in our lives.
Keeping those positives close by can help so much

And on the flip side, knowing our enemies and keeping them away is critical.

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer

Most people will recognize those words coming from The Godfather movie. But in reality, that phrase dates back earlier to Machiavelli's work in "The Prince"
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I started to say my daughter, but that's not it. After careful thought, I realized the choices you make are yours. I need to set limits,and I find that hard to do. She has borderline personality disorder that causes her to make the same mistakes, impulsive, poor judgement, manipulation. She is at my house on a daily basis, always needing help with kids, money, ambulance and then hospital,so I end up with the kids. It puts a strain on me mentally,and physically.I have multiple bleeding ulcers do to stress and nsaids. I don't take them now, I just had the scope a month ago.She has panic disorder and social anxiety as well. That's the mental issues. She has type1 diabetes, r.a. and lupus. She feels bad a lot of the time. Hence the need I have to help her. There is hope on the horizon, she has met someone and is happy. I prayed for that many years. Maybe in time she will have help other than me,It's along distance relationship at this point.In my case I have to take responsibility for allowing her to exhaust me.
    Brenda stratton
  • administrators and teachers. these two have the reputation of being know it all's. for people who are supposed to be sensitive to students with disabilities, they are hypercritical to put it mildly. they spew the party line where as we are here to support and be people who are to be here to help students and be their advocates. with my condition, my issues started with my first back surgery and got worse with the other ones i had. like i said before, one teacher started spreading rumors about my having my back surgery so i would not have to be evaluated. people actually believed this until i had to go to HR to tell them. i was on record with my accommodations written by my doctors so HR knew I had a legal case to stand on if i wanted to. i believe most workplaces are anti- back problems and surgery because they want the person there to work and not to take time off. they want them full strength also. so enemies, the workplace pure and simple. so to diffuse the issue i immediately got the ball rolling with my doctors and accommodations on record. they also had to get me a special chair which cost a lot of money which did not help also. so i would recommend not telling anyone of back or pain issues. if you want to go on disability, and it does not pan out, watch out, they will come after you and there is nothing one can do even if you have a union. it is your word against theirs and my union was useless with this issue.
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.