Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Good Morning, I am new to posting but have been reading on here for several months. Here is a brief synopsis of me and my problems. I am 41 years old and have been a nurse 20+ years. I was very active until I had a Motor vehicle accident in January 2013. I never was sick or had any surgery other than 2 c-sections. As a result of the accident I now have several problems. L4-L5, L5-S1 disc herniation to the left with sural root nerve impengment. An incidental (?) finding of a large hemangioma at T8. I also had a tear of the proneus longus and brevis tendon that was a longitudinal tear (the length of tendon not through) that took 10 months and an exploratory surgery to find and repair. The tendon tear did not show up on multiple MRI's due to the nature of the tear. I did PT, injections, non weight bearing casting, and finally surgery to fix the tendon. During these 10 months I also was doing PT for my Thoracic and lumbar spine with no relief. I have also had a trigger point injection in the mid back area and an course of Epiduarl steroid injections in the LS location. I describe the area of the T spine as a constant muscle spasm without the spasm(?). Those 3 muscles according to the physical therapist and physical med/rehab Dr are permanently contracted and will never release. In the beginning I was told that because my gait was off due to my right foot being injured for so long and my gait being changed that once my tendons in my foot were repaired my back pain should begin to be better. Not so! Now that my tendons have been repaired and I am supposedly walking correctly for me we have alot of other problems with my foot from walking on it incorrectly for so long that I am told will just be that way. The seasmoid bones in that foot are very enlarged...mine do not hurt as I've read others describe. I just feel like I have something wadded up in my shoe constantly...very aggravating feeling. And the arthritis in that foot and ankle is moderate. I still have alot of swelling that does not resolve even overnight. As I said I am a nurse and I understand the look of telling someone you are in pain both as a patient and a nurse. I have an extremely high tolerance for pain and for that I am very thankful. I would say most days I have probably a 4/10 pain rating. I guess my question is I have been told repeatedly that the T8 hemangioma is an incidental finding and has nothing to do with the muscle entrapment but after reading lots of posts I have to wonder. Even looking at my back you can see a considerable size differnce in my thoracic area by visuilaization and by touch comparing the right to the left. I have had another MRI of L spine and in the years difference now lots of arthirits. Have any of you had any luck getting someone to listen to you about the pain you think might be coming from the hemangioma? Needless to say my whole world and activity revolves around my pain. I try not to say much who wants to hear somebody complain all the time.