Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help understanding MRI

twizttwiz Posts: 6
edited 04/04/2014 - 3:22 AM in New Member Introductions
I posted a handful of days ago, looking for some hope based on very little information I gave you all.
I did read over some of the links posted for me. I also opted to get a referral to a neurologist who was recommended to me.

I am now ready to give more specific information from the MRI and ask for understanding of what this means (especially for my future). I will just offer the "conclusion". I'm very overwhelmed with what seems to be a lot of possibly serious issues. Before the accident I was very active (biking, hiking, climbing, career). I never had any issues/concerns with my back. Now the pain is changing my life (and outlook). Is it possible to go back to all the things I once did...just a few months ago?

edited- deleted results. i understand...and thank you for the replies.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
    to provide any input to MRI and other diagnostic tests.

Please read Why we cant advise on MRI reports that summarizes why we can not provide any info on this.

But I still tell anyone, there are three words to look for> MILD, MODERATE and SEVERE Based on where those words are used, you can get a fair understanding of the problems.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • SarahLindeauSarahLindeau Posts: 767
    edited 04/03/2014 - 4:17 PM
    No one here can interpret your results. You should have an MRI follow up appointment with your referring doctor to talk about what the findings mean.

However, I want you to hold onto hope that things will improve. You're probably still in the acute phase of your injury and hopefully, that pain will lessen each day. You now have to see it as a new normal. Your back and neck have been injured and it's highly unlikely that you'll be the exact same person prior to your injury. You will have to make certain accommodations for yourself and be conscious about what you do and the tasks you take on.

If you have a good doctor, PT or surgeon, I'm confident that you can work out a plan of action to get you back to where you want to be. But you'll have to be determined and stick to their guidelines.

Most of us here have found some way to accept our situations while some have not. But I feel that those who see things from a positive, optimistic standpoint do better in the long run. Am I fixed after my fusion? No, I'm just different. But as long as I can, I'm going to still live life and enjoy my time here.

You only get so many trips around the sun.
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1