Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dual stimulators is it possible?

After many surgeries a divorce being disabled and hitting a healthy plateau in my pain im back to looking for advice and tips from others who live like me. I already have one SCS in my spine that does a good job of covering my rib cage to my toes but is it possible to get a second one to cover the neck and arms? Yes i do have a great pain doc and surgeon i just want a good plan of attack going into the dr appointments. They are happy I dont want to be heavily medicated and want alternative treatments. But i was hoping to hear any opinions on dual SCS implants pros and cons everything.

Live one day at a time and do it with no regrets. I hold my head up high with pride to the fact that i wont let my injury beat me.
Lumbar surgery 2009
Cervical fusion C4 to C7 2009
Neurostimulator 2010
Heart ablation 2011
Lumbar fusion L4 to S1 2012 and now L1 2 3 and 4 are split and bulging.

• someone got a boston sci for foot and leg and medtronic for lumbar
  • RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 04/09/2014 - 6:48 PM
    Yes it is possible to have two units. I do and it was even discussed about having three units
    In my future but I took care of that so I won't need the third unit later.
    What brand do you have and what leads do you have.
    I ask because medtronics has one port for up to 16 contacts. For my second unit I had a Boston Sci unit because it has a second port for another paddle when my neck is done.
    I like the idea that you are planning ahead. If I had used a medtronics unit for my second unit
    then later when I have my next cervical surgery I would have had to have another unit put in. Three units would be a pain in the butt.
    My first unit covers me from the lumbar down except for my left foot. My second unit covers my foot and will power my neck in the future.

Good Luck