Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Cord Medtronic issue

I had the Medtronic spinal stimulator installed in my back last February 2013. At first I had relief but approximately 6 weeks in I started having these terrifying episodes or pain seizures where the pain would be so bad it would drop me to the ground. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. At first it only happened once a week then it went to having several a day. I am not the type of person who thinks about death but during this time I was wishing I was dead. No Doctor could pin point on what was causing it. Everything the doctors saw the stimulator was working fine the wires looked good. These episode or pain seizures got so bad that. I lost my bladder, either had to walk with cane or walker. It didn't matter I was doing sitting, walking, sleeping. I saw a dozen different doctors who didn't believe until it happened in a doctors office the another time at the hospital right before receiving an epidural. What kept me going was my family, I would not be here today with out them. I finally had the stimulator removed in November and life went back to the way it was prior having pain level of a six on average but life is so much better than it was with the stimulator. Do to this issue I lost my management position at work but life is manageable again. My sciatic nerve, the arthritis still bother me as well as everything else with my back. I am curious if anyone else had an issue with their stimulator like what I went through?