Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Purring noise after acdf surgery ?

Hi! I am now 3 days post op from c4-6 acdf surgery and things have been as expected except for one thing. When I lay down on my back to sleep( which is as comfortable as any position can be right now) when I exhale it sounds like I am purring. There is a vibration I guess ? Of my vocal cords or something in my throat and it makes this weird noise, like snoring but it from my throat not my nose. It doesn't effect my breathing, I feel like its normal except for he noise and I get to sleep a couple of hours this way, but I was just wondering if this is common and if it will go away? It does not happen when I am sitting up. I still have pain swallowing and difficulty at first but if I eat something warm it seems to help. It's mostly annoying because it is like snoring when your are awake and it chases my Partner to the couch which makes me very sad.
Anyone with similar issues? Thanks!
Caly 8-)
advertisement

Comments

• But I had neck surgery 3-28…they went in posteriorly…I do sometimes get a similar sensation. I drink (regular fluids…) when I get it, and it seems to go away.
    Again, where they went in posteriorly on me….not sure that it will help you a ton, as I know when they go in through the front they move a lot of stuff that they didn't have to move for me….but I do know that I like having my hubby close by as I heal, so I feel your pain!

~Glued