Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Decompression at L5-S1 definitely working for me

Have been a chronic lower back sufferer for the last 8 years. I have gone through the process of seeing the back doctors all the way through to having an appointment with a surgeon who told me that based on the tests that he had me perform, I was not a candidate for surgery. That was a relief to not have surgery, but also a bummer because the pain didn't go away just because the surgeon wouldn't operate. I have been seeing a chiropractor also through this whole process, because they help relieve the pain, at least until the next flair up which was becoming more often over the years. I had done spinal decompression in the past for the middle of my back about 8-9 years ago and have had a great result, pain free in that area. My chiropractor had been suggesting a round of spinal decompression at the L5-S1 level for about the last 2-3 years, but I would start to feel better and didn't think it was needed. Well, decided to go for a 20 session treatment plan and I am ecstatic to say that after only 2 treatments I am at around 90% pain free. I can sleep at night and not wake up because moving in bed is painful, I don't have the pain down the back of my legs like my hamstrings are extremely tight, best of all I don't have the shooting pain when I get up from sitting. My chiropractor is great, I know that the average cost of these treatments is running $4000-$6000 for the whole 20-30 treatment sessions, but he only charges me $50.00 a session. His philosophy is that they want you to feel good and to not let cost be a negative bearing on treatment options. I know that not all treatment options work the same for everyone, but I am so glad that I decided to go ahead and spend the $1000 and to get my life back.

• EnglishGirlEEnglishGirl Posts: 1,825
    edited 04/05/2014 - 3:23 PM
    I'm pleased you've found something that's working for you. Please be careful of any chiropractic 'adjustments' they can cause a lot of problems depending on your condition. What does your decompression therapy involve? Is it different from the manual traction that physical therapists perform? I hope you don't mind sharing ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.