Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ALIF 360 L4-L5 L5-S1

gonzorun48ggonzorun48 Posts: 1
edited 04/05/2014 - 7:52 PM in Recovering from Surgery
I had ALIF 360 surgery on Monday April 1st 9AM checking in at 730 AM with Dr xxxx I was back in my recovery room about 3PM. I have had a good result and minimal pain so far. I had the normal pain in back and stomach. I was up and walking on Tuesday morning and throughout the day until being discharged after 3 days. I had problems getting comfortable in the bed and getting up, once up I managed and felt better up and mobile. My legs were tired and hips were in pain and got better the more I was moving. I did use the pain button for the 1 mg of Morphine often when in bed. Tuesday I did ask for Percocet which worked great for the pain. I had little appetite but drank a lot of fluids. I urinated on the 2nd and 3rd day. I was also passing gas 2nd day and not much bloating or stomach distended. I had a Foley catheter in until the morning I was released. Catheter did cause some concern due to purple bruising and swelling This swelling has all but gone on day 5 after icing and rolled wash cloth placed under scrotum.

The 2nd day I met with PT and did the walking and stair routine. The 2nd day I was good to on my own walking around hospital when I wanted and felt comfortable. Once home i am taking Tylenol 3 for pain and Risoprodol for spasms. I slept a few hours in a recliner and by 4th day in my bed with help to get in and out. Showering is a challenge to not bed and wash your legs. Replaced my bandages and incisions look good. I am seeing my left foot swell and a burning pain in end of foot. My Right foot was swollen and has reduced and just about back to normal no problems. I have been elevating and icing swollen left foot seems to help. I have my post op appointment on April 15th. I am able to walk around the house and neighborhood with my hard brace and walk stairs too. Any questions feel free to message me.

Post edited to remove name of specific hospitals and surgeon. by Liz The Spine-Health Moderator Team

• SarahLindeauSarahLindeau Posts: 767
    edited 04/05/2014 - 1:33 PM
    Sounds like you are going really well! Keep it up!
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1