Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to forum - diagnosed spondylolisthesis

DrdjDDrdj Posts: 2
edited 04/05/2014 - 2:27 PM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I was diagnosed with grade 2 spondylolisthesis about 5 years ago. As of a recent MRI, I am still a grade 2. But it seems as though I have symptoms that I have not found a reason for yet. I will post in the lower back pain forum with all that.

Anyway, I know when I injured my back... I was 14 years old and fell really hard when I was water skiing. Finally, after several weeks of pain, my dad took me to a chiropractor. I was not x-rayed, but after several adjustments, the pain went away and I was off and running. I was really involved in gymnastics, swimming, tennis, and racquet ball.

Fast forward about 25 years.... Was having some back pain, so I took myself to a chiropractor. He x-rayed me and asked when did I break my back. I said WHAT? Sure enough, it had been broken all those years ago. That is when I saw on the x-ray I had spondylolisthesis. I guess, because of the years of gymnastics, I blew the range of motion tests off the charts. I was still almost as flexible as I was as a teenager. That earned me the name of Gumbie at the chiropractor office.

So they adjusted me for a while and I was fine for another 3 years. Then I started having trouble sleeping.... Which brings me to where I am today.

Thanks for this forum. i hope I can learn some things and benefit from the forum as well as contribute to it in hopes of helping someone else.