Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

When to seek second opinion

I was in an accident 3 weeks ago. I was rear ended and that slammed me into the SUV in front of me which pushed me actually under said SUV. I was a bit sore at the scene but decided to go on to work as a 911 dispatcher. A few hours later the pain in my neck and back was so severe I was nauseated and had to go to the hospital. The ER did x-rays and sent me home with muscle relaxers. I followed up with my primary care physician who said it was whiplash and I would be fine. After a week he sent me to an orthopedic who also said it was a muscle sprain and whiplash and gave me 4 different medications. Three weeks later I have numbness in my left leg, and still have sharp shooting pains in my back. My orthopedic sent me to physical therapy which has made things significantly worse. I told her things were getting worse and she said "I have to make it worse to know how to make it better". This doesn't make any sense. She won't do x-rays, or look at the ones from the ER. She won't do any imaging at all. At one point she said its dislocated vertebra and discs, next time she said its just inflammation from muscle spasms. Should I get a second opinion?