Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Foot nerve pain involuntary movement ridged toes

My surgery for spinal stenosis and disectomy was performed arthroscopic on left side in oct last year. Several weeks after surgery began to experience foot pain nerve damage dr suspects under ball of left foot big toe and excessive ridged toe on next two toes from big toe. 6 months later toe smaller toes are still ridged and pull upward slightly and are painful to pull downwards. My question is this A problem that anyone else has had? And if so did it ever improve with more time and physical therapy . could l4/5 nerve root still be pressed as back settled? It really bugs at times just looking for some help as pain management dr doesn't know why. Also big toe twitches hard at times when resting is electrical signal miss firing? Thanks for any help or comments Quig59
Kevin Quigley

• It could be scar tissue that has formed from the surgery or compression that might be the cause. Have you had any imaging done aside from xrays since the surgery? An emg?
  • No recent MRI or imaging scheduled at this time spine dr who did surgery hasn't another scheduled visit until June . His recomendTion would be a possible fusion surgery of l4/5 l5/s1. I really can't afford the next level of surgery as I would lose my job and house etc. I'm just dealing with it the best I can adjusting to pain and doing physical exercises flexability to stay somewhat loose And flexable.
    Kevin Quigley