Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New but Old

airborne-ranger72aairborne-ranger72 Posts: 12
edited 04/08/2014 - 4:35 AM in New Member Introductions

I was a member of this forum from 2010 until 2013. I cancelled my membership as a result of inequitable and unacceptable behavior of some of the forum members - at that time.

Over the past year I have infrequently read the posts just to stay informed. So much of what was occurring in the dialogues had not improved (threatening posts, insulting posts, belittling posts, etc.). BUT, just last week I noticed a post by Ron that got my attention (and hope). He described a renewed effort on behalf of the moderators to improve the civility of the posts and to remove from membership anyone who would not comply. I monitored daily for the past week to see if changes had, in fact, been implemented. I am happy to say that in my opinion the forum has improved. Consequently, I have rejoined.

Some of you may recall my name/logo. My former member name was Airborne 72. I revised my newer forum name to be airborne-ranger72.

So, I am new to the forum for a second time even though I am an older member. Looking forward to benefiting from the information exchange on the forum and hopefully contributing to the forum. My goal is to leave more than I take. As I have learned in life, all of us are unique and all of us have something to offer.

Jim Bryant

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,835
    Welcome back..

And yes, we are 100% serious about making sure there is no more fighting on these forums. We will be quick to ban any member old or new if they violate forum rules.

This is and will continue to be a safe environment for all.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Welcome back....it's nice to see you again.
  • Hi Jim and welcome back...I don't believe I have talked with you but still wanted to say hi...I was just saying the same thing yesterday that you just said in your post (not in as many words but the jist was the same) I also had added that I wish there was a way to get some of the new people back, that felt they had no choice but to leave. I considered leaving myself, for the same reasons as you. But, Im happy to say that in the last few weeks it has drastically changed here, for the better......People are nice now and everyone seems to be getting along just fine....it was pretty bad for a bit. Anyway, that's all I got. I just wanted to welcome you back and just say hi. I look forward to reading your post :-)
  • I cannot understand people would be fighting or being rude on a site like this. It's all about support, not negativity. Since I am new to the site, I will hope it stays non-violent/mean terms. I am really looking forward to having a recovery buddy after having a L4-L5 laminectomy, fusion, TLIF next month. This is a very scary procedure. Most pre-op patients are pretty much feeling the same way I am (will this make it worse than it is? do I really want to have this surgery). For me, knowing other people have some doubts about their surgeries makes me feel I'm not a big chicken.

Glad you're back, even though I don't know you....
    Julie K
    L4/L5 fusion TLIF for spondylolisthesis on 5/12/14