Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What do i do next ?

Hi i am pete , these are the conditions i have been diagnosed with and would apprieciate any advice or helpfull ideaswith how best to deal with this .i had a discectomy at level L 3/4 and L4/5 in 2009 and last may my troubles started again with a back ache then pins and needles down both legs and in soles of feet , shooting pains in my lower back and pain in my legs ,i had mri scans last year and was told i had 3 pinch points on my spine and there was lots of wear and tear for my age as i am 43. months went by with little happening except pain increasing and having to take stronger pain killers . the pain is now constant and i was sent for more mti scans and those came back looking similar to first but with a few more disc bulges . the hospital said there was nothing they could do and discharged me back to my doctor and to just have physio . today i have been to see a new physio and she is shocked at my pain management assesment and says i need surgery as this is what is wrong with me , Degenerative changes with anterior and posterior osteophyte formation in the lumber spine
O A changes at the apophyseal joints
Grade 2 endplate changes at L 4/5 level
Grade 1 endplate changes at L5/S1 level
Reduction in signalintensityin the lumbar intervertebel discs due to dehydration
At L3/4 level , generalised disc bulge and hypertrophic facets causing minor canal stenosis and lateral recesses and exit foramine stenosis touching/abutting the nerve roots
Minor canal stenosis at L3/4 and L4/5 levels .

Thankyou for reading and would appreciate any feed back