Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back pain advice needed

Ykya222YYkya222 Posts: 1
edited 04/09/2014 - 7:04 PM in Lower Back Pain
Hi all,

Was hoping to get some advice on what's going on. After not having played basketball for 6 months or so, I played a casual game. Nothing too hard as it was my first time back and I'm out of shape (6'2 215 pounds).

Everything went fine although as I was going to bed that night my lower back felt a little sore. When I woke up, it was quite a bit more sore but I felt I was probably just stiff and out of shape so I went back to the gym later that day. It was when shooting hoops then I realized it was hurting too bad to play.

Later that day the pain got worse and by the next morning I could hardly get out of bed. It hurt so bad to even stand up, I had to practically crawl around for a day or two. The pain is as follows:

-feels like it's in the center of my lower back just above my tailbone
-hurts very bad when i lay flat on my back and sit up
-seems worse in the evening and AM
-very sharp pain
-when I lay flat on my stomach and relax to "stretch" my vertebrae apart there can be a sharp pain in this area.

This has been ongoing for almost two weeks. I have noticed improvements mostly in the past 2-3 days. I have been using ibuprofen and heat a couple of times per day while doing press up stretching on my stomach. There is rarely pain while walking or standing, especially over the last few days.

Any advice on what this likely is? This happened once before 3 years ago and went away after a week or so.