Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Suspected R.S,D.

After some test yesterday and yet a few more to come my Dr thinks I am at the beginning stages of RSD. I have read some on the subject but would like to hear from members who have this disease. As my Dr. says " There are three letters she hates in medicine and it is RSD". She is sending me to a neurologist who specializes in the disease but we all know that could be weeks or even months before I am seen. If any of the spineys out there been diagnosed with this disease I sure would like to hear your experiences and please do not sugar coat anything. My ortho Dr suspected this and go the ball rolling with my PCP on this matter.

• I don't have RSD but just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. From some of the posts I have read of yours, I have realized that you do deal with a lot of painful things, physically and personally. I'm sure you are thinking, that it's just one more thing to deal with. At least now, as you say, they got the ball rolling and if it does turn out that you definitely do have RSD then finally the proper treatment can begin and get you on the road to feeling so much better. Again, just wanted you to know I was thinking about you this morning.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Yeah you can say Ive been put thru the wringer, when one thing is fixed another body part goes. Im trying really hard to hang on and continue working but it is all beginning to become too much. Lets just say I have become used to bad news. One of the docs I work for today gave me a book explaining the disease so I plan on sitting down this evening and begin reading upon the subject.
  • Good idea, learn as much as you can, just incase it RSD. That way you will be armed and prepared for what is to come next. I have read that Paula Abdul has RSD, have you read any of what she says about it? Do you get the changing colors and swelling of injured parts of your body?

Yes, I know, I have read about what's going on at your job. Its not right what they have been doing, especially that woman pushing you awhile back!! I can only hope it has improved there.

Have they figured out anymore about your foot? I may be wrong but your foot is what brought them to the possible RSD conclusion, right?
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    It started with the foot. As my ortho DR states , I have had so many surgeries my nerves are on overdrive. Now not only does the leg that has the broken foot hurt so does the other and from what I am reading is normal. My neck has always swelled and changed color now the leg has joined in. Everything I am reading is just about things that are happening. Work has been quiet, One of the docs I work for , ( hes the money maker guy in the practice) are on very good terms and once he got wind of what was happening it all magically seemed to stop. I still am not letting my guard down and will still be transferring out asap. Hopefully next week, the job I will be doing is a much smaller practice, less hours and I will be my own boss. So that translates to less stress. As I am sitting here writing this i am waiting on the Granite company to open. late last night 2 teenage boys vandalized 20 headstones that were ready to be taken to the cemeteries and the one they showed on tv looked just like my mothers. i have been up all night worried about that. How could anyone deface a tombstone???