Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had mri.. being referred to neurosurgeon and nervous

Ive been dealing with chronic neck pain and right arm pain, numbness and tingling for 8 months..they finally sent me for an mri but my dr really didnt explain the results to me except to say shes referring me to a neurosurgeon who will explain the results and treatment options. So im not sure by reading the mri how bad the problems actually are and if surgery is a possibility or if im getting nervous over nothing? They ordered the mri because my pain is increasing it doesn't respond to otc meds and im on Neurontin which no longer feels like its working either

MRI of the cervical spine without intravenous contrast.
History neck pain. Radiculitis.

Examination was performed on 1.5 Tesla magnet. No prior studies are available for comparison.

Cerebellar tonsils are normally positioned. Vertebral bodies are maintained in height and
signal intensity.

C2-3 disc is unremarkable.
At the C3-4 level there is minimal diffuse bulging of the disc. There is no focal disc
herniation or spinal stenosis.
At C4-5 level disc is unremarkable.

At C5-6 level disc is decreased in height and T2 signal. There is broad-based central
herniation of the disc. There are hypertrophic changes in the facet and uncovertebral joints,
right more than left with a stenosis of the right lateral recess and the right C6 neural
foramen. There is possible compression of the right C6 nerve root. There is obliteration of the
anterior subarachnoid space. There is effacement of the anterior surface of the spinal cord.
No focal signal abnormalities within the cord.

At C6-7 level there is tiny central herniation of the disc. There is no spinal cord or nerve
root compression.
C7-T1 disc is unremarkable.

Conclusions: Minimal bulging of the C3-4 disc. Broad-based central herniation of the C5-6 disc.
Asymmetric hypertrophy of the uncovertebral and facet joints on the right with stenosis of the
right lateral recess and compression of the right C6 nerve root.  central herniation
of the C6-7 disc. No focal signal abnormalities within the cord

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,836
    edited 04/10/2014 - 1:46 AM
    but it is against forum rules to provide any input regarding MRI or other diagnostic reports.

The forum rules:
    5.13 You agree not to ask for any analysis or interpretation of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.),
    5.14 You agree not to respond to any request for analysis of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.)

Please read Why we can not provide any advice on diagnostic reports

That being said, there are three key words to see in any MRI report.
    Those basically will indicate the severity of the problem
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com